Monday, October 10, 2016

Bob’s your uncle

Bob’s your uncle
Still playing around with a new way of creating the images( I did a little test on that a few months ago and have been playing around all weekend with it too...instead of drawing, I’m doing blobs of black and erasing around, sculpting forms out of the black... very similar to what you would do with charcoal and a kneaded eraser!)
The cool thing about this is that, for whatever reason, it lets me/allows me to explore darker themes.
It’s not that I don’t like doing what I usually do( In fact, doing something like this makes me love my other stuff even more!), it’s just that it’s nice and scary and EXCITING to explore new  things. One of the worse things for an artist is to start getting bored with your own art... it just shows in your work.
Anyhow... I call him BOB!
Oh.. also.. Yes, I KNOW it feels like Mad Men.. I wasn’t trying to but it just went there. I’ve always been told my work has a retro feel to it, and since I’m working with solid blacks AND I have a retro style.. .. I can totally see that, so, yes.. it’s fair to make the comparison!

#pascalcampion

2 comments:

Milty Flinn said...

Good start¡¡¡

Anonymous said...

I really like this